Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Peder B. Helland
    Keymaster

Hello, friends!

!UPDATE!

Premium is now free for everyone and there are therefore no rewards for the most active members.

Old post:

As you may have noticed, there has been added a new function in the forums called Points.

The rules are simple: 

You earn 1 point for each topic and post you publish in the forums (and you lose 1 point for each of your own posts or topics you might delete).

Why should I care about points? Where do I find my points?

Every month the user with most points will win a free month of Premium-access on Learn Norwegian Naturally. This normally costs 9$. If you are a Premium-member and you win, you will get the next month for free. If you are not a Premium-member and you win, you will get your first month as a Premium-member for free (and you may then decide to pay for Premium-access for the next month if you like the content).

You can find out how many points you have in many ways:

1. The amount of points you have stands right below your avatar in the forums.

2. You can see it in your user profile.

3. If you’re on the top list, you can see your name in the sidebar to the right along with your points.

What do I get as a Premium-member? 

This is a quick summary of what you get as a Premium-member:

• Daily readings of Norwegian texts and articles + access to archive of all previous readings
    • Daily words (basic and advanced) + access to archive of all previous words + weekly quizzes to see how many words you learned
    • Norwegian transcripts with English translations of all episodes (side-by-side translations)
    • Quizzes/exercises to test your skills
    • Text comprehension – Norwegian texts with comprehension questions at the end

As you can see, you actually get new content every day when you’re a Premium-member.

Can anyone sign up to be a Premium-member? 

Yes! The gates are now open for everyone. Simply head over to the membership-site and follow the instructions. All payments are done through Paypal.

This sounds great, but I have some questions…

I would love to answer your questions. You can post them as replies to this topic or you can contact me directly at: premium@learnnorwegiannaturally.com

I am sceptical to online payments… 

I definitely understand what you mean – I am too. That’s why all payments are made through the extremely popular Paypal or Stripe (if you pay with a credit card) to ensure that your sensitive information is in the safest of hands.

Can I get a sneak peek?

Yes, absolutely! I am glad you asked.

[caption id="attachment_1912" align="aligncenter" width="625"]Homepage Your Premium-homepage where you can easily consume new content.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1913" align="alignleft" width="625"]Homepage 2 The Premium-homepage if you scroll down.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1627" align="alignleft" width="625"]Transcripts Example of how the Norwegian transcipt and English translation of every episode is placed next to each other. The episode is embedded right above the texts so that you can play the video while you’re reading.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1914" align="alignleft" width="625"]Daily Audio The interface of the daily readings. Simply click play on the media player and click on the link to the article. Enjoy the news while you are listening to a narrator reading the article while you are reading it yourself. Improve pronunciation, comprehension, intonation and practice more Norwegian.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1915" align="alignleft" width="625"]Quiz Here is an example of one of the interactive quizzes you can take. You immediately get to know how many correct answers you had.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1916" align="alignleft" width="541"]Comprehension An example of comprehension questions to Norwegian articles.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1917" align="alignleft" width="639"]Daily Words Archive The archive of previous daily words, categorized as “Basic” or “Advanced”. You can also see the links to weekly quizzes for each level where you can check if you have learned the words of the week or not. You can also go back and expand your vocabulary.[/caption]

Dia Eddin
    Participant

thanks Peder

det er utrolig idé

Dia Eddin
    Participant

Jeg vil gjøre mitt beste for å vinne

Heather
    Participant

Jeg liker at det er ikke for dyrt. Jeg vil melde på snart, når jeg vil få betalt.

Peder B. Helland
    Keymaster

Så bra, Dia! Det blir spennende å se hvem som vinner. 🙂

Jeg håper du liker det, Heather!

Heather
    Participant

Takk Peder. Jeg nettopp betalt for det. Jeg vet ikke hva å gjore nå!

Peder B. Helland
    Keymaster

Takk, Heather. Kan du svare på eposten jeg sendte deg for litt siden?

Heather
    Participant

Ja, det er gjort.

Peder B. Helland
    Keymaster

Nå er alt fikset! 🙂

Heather
    Participant

Endelig!!! Haha.

Peder B. Helland
    Keymaster

😀

Til alle som leser dette: når man bestiller Premium, må man ha penger på Paypal-kontoen sin. Les denne kjapt hvis du ikke vet hvordan du gjør det: Payment information.

Peder B. Helland
    Keymaster

Husk på at i dag er siste dagen man kan bruke koden Youtubefan for å få Premium for 5$ i stedet for 9$ den første måneden!

Peder B. Helland
    Keymaster

Congratulations to Heather for her active participation in the forums and for being the winner of July! She will get a free month of Premium. The leaderboard is now at zero again – who will win in August? We’ll see! 🙂

Heather
    Participant

Yay! Thank you Peder! 😀

Now, go and enjoy your holiday! 😛

Peder B. Helland
    Keymaster

😀

He he, thank you! 😀

Some news as well: at the start of each month I will announce the number of people in the forums who will get a free month of Premium. Normally it will be 1, but sometimes 2 or 3. In the month of August, the 3 persons with the most points will get a free month of a Premium-membership. Good luck! 

Dia and Nummmere will also get this month for free as a thanks for their participation this month. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘General discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Skip to toolbar